Hybrid Introduction to Osteopathy in the Cranial Field
Pre-Convo Labs March 3-5, 2024
Virtual Lectures/Discussions Jan 19-Feb 25
Expand Your Osteopathic Skills
Highly regarded by its practitioners and patients alike, the study of osteopathy in the cranial field includes broadening and deepening the perceptual skills of the practitioner, as well as intensive study of the anatomy and physiology of the cranium and its inter-relationship with the body as a whole. Learn how this approach can be applied for the benefit of your patients in the prevention and treatment of disease, and enhancement of health. What You Will Learn
- Explore the components of the primary respiratory mechanism, including articular, cerebrospinal fluid, fascial/membranous and nervous system anatomy.
- Deepen your understanding of the body as a dynamic unit with a capacity for self-healing.
- Establish the basis for palpatory diagnosis and treatment.
Annette Hulse DO Assistant Course Director:
TBD Registration Fee:
*Partial (50%) tuition scholarships will be available for medical students and residents from the OCA Foundation. See Scholarships tab below for how to apply for a scholarship
The OCA has developed a hybrid format for this course with both online and in-person components:
- Virtual Lectures and Group Discussions, Jan 19-Feb 25, 2024: Lectures will be presented online, with about 4 hours of video recordings delivered each week. At the end of each week, participants will join in a mandatory 1 hour-long discussion group via Zoom. There will NOT be a discussion group weekend of Presidents Day (Feb 18), see schedule below for details.
- In-Person Lab as Pre-Convocation course: The hand-over-hand training for which the OCA is well known will be held in Colorado Springs as a Pre-Convo course. The lab portion of your course will take place Sunday-Tuesday, 8:00-6:00pm. The labs will be with hands-on instruction by experienced trainers at a 1:4 faculty student ratio.