Orofacial Development: Merging Osteopathy in the Cranial Field and Functional Dentistry
37 in stock
37 in stock
This course will introduce dental and orofacial issues, providing the knowledge and tools to put together an effective treatment of the patient as a whole. This course is appropriate for DOs, MDs, and dentists who want to expand their knowledge of craniofacial anatomy, function, and dysfunction processes, as well as refine their palpatory skills.
The faculty will share perspectives and insights on how they approach the process of treatment, including:
- Anatomy, physiology and treatment of the jaw, hyoid, lower & middle face, and tongue
- How to evaluate TMJ and breathing issues (e.g., sleep apnea) in the context of craniofacial somatic dysfunctions
- Diagnosing & treating dysfunction resulting from dental trauma, including orthodontia
- How the embryologic development of the face influences function and restrictions
- Osteopathically friendly (and unfriendly) dental appliances and dentists
CA Member $950.00 (on or before January 15, 2020)
CA Member $1,050.00 (on or after January 15, 2020)
Course Director: Eric J. Dolgin DO FCA
Associate Director: Jose Camacho DO
Location: Hilton Norfolk The Main, Norfolk, Virginia
The Osteopathic Cranial Academy has requested that the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education approve this program for 22.5 hours of Category 1-A AOA CME. Approval is currently pending.
PLEASE NOTE: If you register for this course and do not meet the eligibility requirements for it, your tuition payment will be refunded, minus a $25 processing fee. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact the OCA office before registering.
Successful completion of a OCA Approved Introductory Course.